Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Bakukal, 27th of Yurthgreen, P.C. 969 - Mariana's Journal

By Branchala, I do believe that I have found the love of my life!

There's just one little itty bitty problem.

He's a Knight of Solamnia, and not just any Knight, I hear from my mother that he is Sir Bertram Bronzewood, heir to Ravenskeep in Southern Solamnia, lately promoted to a Knight of the Crown.

Which for most would not be that impressive, names and titles mean little to nothing in this quiet part of the Krynn, under the giant ancient trees of Silvanesti, but that name rings a bell.  I seem to recall that they are a very old family.  Old enough that my good friend Willow has heard of them.

She told me that when she was very young that she lived a while in Solamnia, and while I have tried to get her to tell her tale, all she will say is the farther she stays from there, the better she likes it.

This of course has got me intensely curious.  I mean, what could make her want to avoid a place!

She swears that it's not anyting freightening, just some long dull dreary years spent in the company of a most unique companion.

She really should say things like that to a Daughter of Branchala's Grove!  That just makes me even more interested.

I wonder what my mother would do to me if I just up and followed the young Knight home?

No comments:

Post a Comment