Friday, September 28, 2012

Palast, 9th Frostkolt, P.C. 943 - Taywin's Journal

I found Callisto's journal today.

It was in Fiona's pack.

Don't ask what I was doing looking in Fiona's pack.  I'll admit it right here and now, I'm worried about her and I've noticed that some days she writes in her journal still.  Something that her and her mother and grandmother before her have done their whole lives.  I wanted to know if she had any grip on what is going on.

I'm not proud of myself for doing this, but I'm glad that I did, because as I said, I found Callisto's journal.

And I'm NOT ashamed that I took it and read it.

Of course at first it was only a bunch of squiggles that danced in my eyes, but all it took was a quick spell and I could read what she had to say for herself.

Which is not a lot, I can't believe that she never once thought we would come after her.

Oh, I suppose I should explain what happened last night while we were waiting for the entrance to the Sla-Mori to open.

We were camping in Qualinesti Forest, near the border between that forest and Darken Wood (wonder where the Forestmaster was) and sometime during the third watch (or maybe it was the second watch) Callisto aparently overpowered the folks on watch, knocked them out and stole Fiona.

I'm not sure how Dal managed to track her down, but he tracked her to a Portal which lead....somewhere.  Through the portal he went and he was teleported back to us a short time later with Fiona.

So I tried to see what it could have been that happened to her, but found Callisto's journal instead.  Apparently she had been planning this all along.

I have a feeling this isn't over with she and I no matter what Dal says about her ability to get back from whatever plane she's gone to.

And when I see her again I'm going to rip her spine out.

But now, we are off to visit the Sla-Mori and the tomb of Kith-Kanan.

No comments:

Post a Comment